Does Santa really visit only once a year? Not on Dunk Island! Santa was making fleeting appearances around the resort for the whole week before Christmas it was almost like playing “Where’s Wally”! I woke up one morning to see Santa coming across the golf course on a horse, another afternoon I looked up and he was on the roof of our Plantation Bar and one particular day I’m sure he was just testing out the “toys” he was going to give everyone but we even spotted him playing on our water trampoline.
Christmas was a real joy and a beautiful time we got to share with so many lovely families. We just managed to get over all the delicious Christmas ham and pudding ready for New Years Eve.
What happens on New Year’s Eve on Dunk? Well, this year I had the pleasure of hosting drinks for our wonderful guests at the beginning of the night – the theme was black and bling! So many great outfits and our plantation bar had even turned into quite the stage and center piece of the night. We had continuous music all night with two excellent live entertainers, who had us all dancing the night away… The clock struck 12 and we made our resolutuions… here is my list of New Years Resolutions:
1. I must got to the Barrier Reef and try diving
2. I must try wakeboarding
3. I must go to Michelle’s Pilates Class
4. I must book myself in to the Spa of Peace and Plenty not just for a massage but a complete indulgence massage and facial
5. I must take advantage of the rainforest and go for more walks
6. I must go to Mt Kootaloo
7. I must spend a day at Muggy Muggy Beach with a picnic and a good book
8. I must organise a cheese platter and watch the sunset over the 9th hole
9. I must go for a horse ride
10. I must remember what a beautiful, place I live in and appreciate it each day by living and breathing every little bit it has to offer.
We wish all our guests the best for 2011 – feel free to comment below and let us know what your resolutions were…